Total, increasing energy while decreasing emissions
In anticipation of the evolutions expected and detailed in the Total Energy Outlook scenarios, the Group is accelerating the shift toward a Net Zero society.
Total’s aim is to meet the growing world energy demand while developing an increasingly decarbonized energy mix, and ensuring ever greener operations.
Total is transforming itself into a broad energy company as part of an integrated strategy based on 4 pillars :
- Grow Liquefied Natural Gas production (world no.2) and develop biogas and clean H2.
- Promote natural gas for power and mobility.
- Accelerate investments in electricity, primarily from renewables.
- Integrate along the value chain (production, storage, trading, supply).
- Focus investments on low cost oil
- Adapt refining capacities and sales to demand in Europe.
- Invest in carbon sinks (forests, wetlands, etc.) and in CCUS (CO2 capture, storage and use).
Implementing this strategy will lead to a diversification of the energy mix in the products Total sells to its customers :
ENERGY SOLD TO OUR CUSTOMERS
- 2019 (% of sales) : Petroleum products : 55 %, Natural gas : 40 %, Electrons : 5 %
- 2030 (% of sales) : Petroleum products : 35 % (decreased from 2019), Biofuels, Natural gas : 50 %, Biogaz, H2,
Electrons: 15% (increased 2019)
In the next decade, oil products sales from Total will diminish by almost 30% and Total’s sales mix will become 30% oil products, 5% biofuels, 50% gases and 15% electrons, essentially renewable.
ALLARD Denis - Total
Natural gas is one of the key factors in the energy transition.